Thursday, October 16, 2008

McCain/French 2008

See more funny videos at Funny or Die

I wrote this short within the first month of school starting.  And needless to say it was more topical then.  But I think it still holds it's own today.

This short has gone through numerous ups and downs, beginning with it's creation, I wrote maybe 2 or 3 drafts before McCain introduced Palin.  However I was able to make it work.   The main issue was filming over time, which works for most projects, but is more of a pain with something as topical as this.  We eventually got all the scenes finished with the exception of one in which Danny prevents an abortion.  Hospital looking rooms are hard to find, and once we did we couldn't rally the troupes to film it.  So in the end Danny and I looked over what you see now and decided it would be best to use this and get it out before it was pushed back any further.  Luckily for you, you can enjoy the abortion scene in it's final written form.

There you go.  I hope you've all enjoyed this one.  More to come soon.

Also, I'd like to couple this new short with the announcement of the TOTALLY ILLOGICAL FILMS STORE over at cafepress.  Where you can find our first official T-shirt, with a nice Stanley Kubrick quote on the back.

Yours until later,
Kevin Cole

"There is no fighting in the war room!"-Dr. Strangelove Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

No comments: